Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Garden

We started to prepare for a garden. At first, it seemed ideal that we would just get a few packets of seed and some dirt and start from there. Well, that is never enough--especially for Dale. He has put a TON of work and effort into this garden, and it is amazing as to what it looks like now.It's always fun to get the family involved. Clara had a lot of fun helping daddy, dig up roots and clear the area. Meanwhile, James would inspect everything daddy tossed over by him.Clara was so proud of herself as she began to turn around in circles with the shovel. She thought she'd help loosen the ground that way. It really only got her dizzy.They are so cute!These are some of the cucumbers that I planted. It is amazing to see how fast they sprouted. What's amazing too (and sad) is how fast they die in a small frost. This is part of how it ended up looking. Dale took more pictures of it completely completed!More sprouts! These are all Bell Pepper plants. Dale informed me that we really didn't need this many of them. Oops!Living Green! A garden and a clothesline! I love my clothesline! As a child, we never had a "working" dryer. The broken one always stored things inside. So, before Dale bought me this clothesline for our anniversary last year, he asked me if I would ever use it. Uh . . . yeah! Now, with as much laundry as I do all day long, it has certainly earned it's value!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Obama will send you a reward for "Green Living"!

    ReplyDelete