Thursday, April 15, 2010

Before and After (Part 1)

I decided to rearrange my house!
As those of you who knew me growing up (and now), I like to change things. Even my childhood rooms never stayed the same. My poor dad would spend hours measuring every inch of the room and furniture so that he could map out (on graph paper) where everything was going to go every time we moved.
So, I got the itch to move things around a bit in our house. We've lived here for almost 6 years and I was getting tired of the same old routine. As a side note, my brother Tom and his wife bought a new home and I was feeling a little jealous. We aren't too big for this house yet, but I am really wanting a basement.
So, I started with our room, as you can see our queen size bed took up every bit of space in there. Squeezing our two dressers together near the closet. I thought about condensing them down to one, but Dale has WAY TOO MANY clothes.
With the door closed view.AFTER!!!! We moved Clara and James into our old room. It feels like the room got a lot bigger!She has a TON of room to play!Remember our "two-dresser wall"? There it is with one dresser and James' crib. I was able to hang up more pictures that I didn't have room for before. Next thing on my list for her "new room" is to paint the walls. Clara says she wants blue and pink striped walls. We'll have to see about that!

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I like to move things around. Too much for Jason's liking... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes re-arranging makes the difference!

    ReplyDelete