Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So. . . I Cheated!

I didn't actually get to sew on Monday. We had a bad day in the Pratt home. However, I think I made up for it when I spent more than 3 hours Tuesday working on my "little projects". Here is what I ended up with.

3 Ties for James. Well, actually, one completely finished tie and two that still are in need of some hardware.These little buggers!My nursing cape. I gave my original one that looked exactly like this away at a baby shower. Both Dale and I were sadden by the parting, but hey! What do you do when you are invited to a baby shower last minute and you have no money or time to spend? You give them something you have on had. Since the blue nursing cape I made for myself wasn't going to work (my friend's 1st baby girl), I knew I 'd have to part with my pink and chocolate cape.So, here it is again! I love this fabric.Coming up next . . . Clara's "Spring" dress. Looking at the receipt (that is still attached to it), I bought this fabric back on November 17, 2009. Yep! I need to get to work on it. What's really sad is that I made her a "Christmas" dress using this pattern and the other fabric that I bought at the same time as this. You know how people (usually the wise ones) advise that if you are making more than one of the same pattern, that you should layer the fabric on top of each other, thus cutting 2 for the price of 1? Well, would have been nice if I'd listened.By the way, Dale surprised me with a lovely bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day.

I love hydrangea!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! You are one motivated momma! I love the nursing cape - the fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete