Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh, The Things You Collect!

So, my projects lately have been very much baby oriented or at least getting ready for baby. While I have been collecting "piles" of things, I have time to sit and look online for ideas of what I can make on my own. I recently bought a "Boppy" at a second-hand store. These things are very expensive brand new, so a used one will have to do. Of course you get what you pay for, and this one had an extremely ugly cover on it. I will spare you the ugliness. So, I decided to spend money on a "new" cover. $30 later and I realized it wasn't even cute--it was just the less expensive cover. I returned it after realizing I had TONS of fabric leftover from a "project" that I never even started (maternity tops for when I was pregnant with Clara, who is almost 6 now).
My finishing project:Isn't it cute! And it is so soft and stretchy! It would have been a lovely maternity top. James loves it too!
He wouldn't let me get a picture of it without him.
I, also, had a great find at our local Goodwill. I found an adorable Winnie the Pooh crib set (quilt, bumpers, and fitted sheet) for $11. I was so excited! It is like-new! As a lover of etsy.com, I found a really cute blanket with adorable Scottie dogs in it. I really didn't want to pay the $28 (+ shipping) for it, so I looked all over JoAnn's fabric. It took several trips, but they had it! I copied the etsy shop's idea and ta-da! I LOVE the turquoise satin! I am also really liking Scottie dog prints and stuffed animals right now. Anyone have a cute stuffed Scottie dog template I could have?

No comments:

Post a Comment