Monday, October 19, 2009

This Place is a Zoo!

Since there isn't a whole lot to do in the midwest for entertainment (Sorry, no nice lakes to go "wake-boarding"-all our lakes are man-made and have trees in them!), one of the things we do for fun is go to the zoo, like everyday! They always seem to have a new exhibit every year. This year was Tigers.


I thought you'd like to see better pictures of the tigers, so I asked the trainer how I could get a real good close-up one for my relatives. She let me right inside to get a picture. Tigers are so nice and soft. This is a picture of Malik, one of the males.
Had ya goin' there for a minute, huh?! Ha!Ha! I don't have that good of connections at the zoo (yet!).
Something you don't see everyday-a Bison, made out of iron.
The otters are always fun to watch. This one was really animated. He saw me taking pictures and so he decided to get out of the water long enough for me to snap this shot. Then, he got right back in the water.
Ah! the Petting Zoo! What zoo doesn't have one of these! Ours is special because we have body-less goats. Even James got a good laugh out of that one!
Watch out! Clara's got him by the nose!!
I think this horse is a "Draft" horse. So would that be "roughed" or "final"?James really likes it when the sheep come and see him. Little do they know that if they get really close, he can take them on, by grabbing their hair.

2 comments:

  1. Zoos are always fun to go to! Especially with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zoo looks awesome! We so need to come and see you guys! Your babies are just adorable. I can't wait to see them again. We need to chat and catch up.

    ReplyDelete